What is offered?
Each Research Experience Placement student works on a designated research project alongside established researchers at Cambridge; in addition, students will follow a training programme with sessions on social science research methods, professional skills and personal development, and guidance on postgraduate options within the Cambridge DTP and how to apply.
During the placement, students live in college accommodation and experience life as a graduate student in Cambridge. The Research Experience Placements programme will introduce students to the DTP community and the day-to-day experience of Cambridge life.
- A stipend equivalent to the Real Living Wage (currently £10.90 per hour), paid monthly, for a 35 hour week, for the six-week programme. This is intended to offset any loss from other paid summer employment opportunities.
- Free-of-charge accommodation provided by a College (this year Gonville & Caius College).
- Reimbursement of travel expenses to and from Cambridge at the start and end of the programme;
- Six weeks of research project experience, research training, postgraduate study information, and mentoring;
- One-to-one consultation with the DTP Training Manager;
- Supervision and training as part of the research project;
- Advice and guidance in preparation for the placement.